James J. Doherty Ltd. respects your right to privacy and we comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. The purpose of this Website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website (the “site”).
By visiting this site, you are accepting the terms of this Website Privacy Statement. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Types of information collected
- 2.1 “Non-personal data”: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our site.
- 2.2 “Personal data”: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number and banking details. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, e.g. by sending us an email.
3. Purposes for which we hold your information
- 3.1 Non-personal data: We use the non-personal data gathered from visitors to our site in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our site.
- 3.2 Personal data: We will process any personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to carry out business with you,
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your communication and/or order or to respond to any communications you might send to us.
4. Disclosure of information to third parties
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our site. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our site, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our site, or the activities that visitors to our site engage in while on our site. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include, potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
5. Sale of business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your personal data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of the Website Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your personal data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
Your personal data is held on secure servers. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including website SSL as well as appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
7. Rectifying, verifying, objecting to the use of, requesting the deletion of and requesting access to your personal data
You may invoke your rights as a Data Subject in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Please contact us at +353 (0)46 955 8050 or at our company address:
James J. Doherty Ltd.,
8. Changes to the Website Privacy Statement
Any changes to this Website Privacy Statement will be posted on this site so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Website Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.